MB ChB, FRANZCO, FRCOphth UK
Dr Simran Mangat is an eye surgeon at Peninsula Eye Centre.
He completed his Ophthalmology training in Birmingham, United Kingdom and is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology (FRANZCO) and the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London (FRCOphth).
Dr Mangat provides the following ophthalmic services:
- Oculoplastic and lacrimal surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Management of glaucoma
- Intravitreal injections for age related macular degeneration
- Retinal vein occlusion
- Diabetic eye disease
- Paediatric ophthalmology
Dr Mangat has, and continues to publish in peer reviewed journals. He is often invited to deliver presentations at internationally renowned conferences, at which he addresses many issues arising through his ongoing research interests in oculoplastic and cataract surgery.
Surgical procedures that Dr Mangat performs include, but are not limited to:
- Micro incision cataract surgery with intraocular lenses
- Anterior ptosis surgery
- Scar-less posterior approach ptosis surgery
- Ectropion and entropion correction
- Surgery for blocked tear ducts (DCR)
- Tear duct tubes for watery eyes
- Surgery for periocular skin cancer
- Treatment of Xanthelasma (cholesterol deposits around eyes)
- Pterygium excision with conjunctival autotransplant
- Intravitreal injections for retinal conditions
- Laser procedures for glaucoma (selective laser trabeculoplasty and peripheral iridotomy)
- Squint surgery
Dr Simran Mangat operates privately at Beleura Private Hospital, Mornington.